Submit volunteer opportunities through our online submission form. Postings are updated bi-weekly.
- Thomas Jefferson Adult and Career Education (TJ ACE); is looking for ESL OR CCR/GED Tutors for Adults Work in small groups under the guidance of a classroom teacher. Work with ESL students on conversation practice, reading, writing and listening activities. GED tutors work either in a math class or a social studies/science class. Bridge to Academics is a class to help former ESL students prepare for higher learning. Dialogue Conversation is a drop-in free conversation class. Advanced writing is for ESL or CCR students who need to improve their academic writing. Mornings M-F and evenings M-Th. If interested contact Cherry Stewart at 434-961-5465 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To know more visit: www.adultslearn.org
- Creciendo Juntos is seeking bilingual volunteers to help with the translation of our newsletter and website and event/workshop planning. Flexible schedule. Email email@example.com for details.
- Sin Barreras/Without Barriers is looking for a bilingual (Spanish/English) volunteers to help staff the office on weekdays. Times are open to negotiation right now, but we would like 4 hours on a consistent weekday. The primary task is connecting people to resources in the community, and computer skills are necessary to access and add to our computerized database. There will be training, and board members on call if help is needed. We have many other volunteer opportunities if you cannot commit to this but would still like to help our mission. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Legal Aid Justice Center is seeking volunteers fluent in both Spanish and English to assist attorneys and clients by translating documents from Spanish to English and interpreting during attorney/client meetings. Fluency in both languages is required, but certification is not. Contact Erin Trodden for more information: 434-977-0553, email@example.com.
- Literacy Volunteers is seeking compassionate and enthusiastic volunteers to tutor adults in reading, writing, or speaking English. Our students come from a variety of backgrounds, and they are hoping to acquire the skills they need to independently pursue life goals, support their families, and contribute to their communities. Help our students achieve their goals by calling 434-977-3838 to register for our New Tutor Training. No teaching experience is necessary—only a desire to make a difference in someone else’s life. Learn more at www.literacyforall.org.
Submit volunteering postings through our online submission form.