Learn Spanish Resources
This resource is fee-based and has a variety of services and settings, from private to groups, or for children and adults, or studying from home or at the center.
For Adults and Children
- Speak! Language Center, contact Christina Ball, Owner, and Director. For more information: (434) 245-8255, firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Tutoring & Spanish Classes, experienced native speaker high school instructor, also serving the College Board as an AP Language Reader, offers individual and small group tutoring at his Lake Monticello home or in yours. Contact Antonio Díaz. For more information: (434) 960-5185
- Tutoring & Spanish Classes, native Spanish speaker with many years experience in language and translation offering help to those studying Spanish in school (HS, college), exam preparation, grammar, conversation -- as well as conversation/grammar classes for non-students who wish to perfect their Spanish. Located in Charlottesville with flexible hours, including weekends. Contact: Mario Taboada. For more information: email@example.com
- Arriba-Spanish language center, offers Spanish classes both to private parties and to groups, at all levels.
- International School of Charlottesville, Immersion, Summer Camps & Other Opportunities. Contact: Jefferson Park Avenue Campus, (434) 984-2174; Belmont campus, (434) 984-2175 For more information: admin@TheISC.org
- Piedmont Virginia Community College, offers classes in two-level beginner and intermediate. Classes' schedules change semester to semester and are open to placement test.
The tertulias are free of charge and open to anyone who wants to learn or practice Spanish.
- Tuesday nights: C’ville Coffee Spanish Conversation Group, 6 p.m to 8 p.m. Come when you can. All levels of Spanish are welcome. Location: Cville Coffee, 1301 Harris St. Phone: (434) 817-2633.The last Tuesday of the month we meet at "Mi Canton Restaurant"
- Wednesday Afternoons: Casa Bolivar’s La Tertulia, 4-5 pm. This UVA tertulia includes great food and a fun environment to relax and practice your Spanish. Location: Casa Bolivar (Spanish House) 1408 Jefferson Park Ave.Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Albemarle County offers free Spanish lessons to county staff. Contact: email@example.com