Filing a Complaint Resources
1000 Preston Avenue, Suite A, Charlottesville 22902
- Contact: Tanishka Cruz; Attorney, Immigrant Advocacy Program at email@example.com
- Contact: Deena Sharuk; Attorney, Clinic Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact: Jason Yarashes, Attorney, Virginia Justice Project for Farm and Immigrant Workers at email@example.com
These lawyers help qualified immigrants who confront a language barrier when trying to access services from government offices, hospitals, and other agencies.
Any questions, concerns or complaints about UVA’s language assistance or treatment of Spanish Language Clients should file a grievance in person, by mail, fax or email:
- In person: Section 1557 Coordinator, PO Box 800704, Charlottesville, VA 22908-0704
- By phone: (434) 924-8315
- By fax: (434) 346-7516
- Email: RSection1557@hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
The process for making complaints is detailed at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/civilrights/complaints/ Persons and organizations wishing to report specific incidences of language barriers may do so anonymously. All complaints can be directed to the Regional Manager for Civil Rights, Paul Cushing:
- By phone: 215-861-4441 or 800-368-1019 (hotline)
- By fax: 215-861-4431 (fax)
- E-mail: Paul.Cushing@hhs.gov, or at Paul Cushing, Health & Human Services, 150 S. Independence Mall West, Suite 372, Public Ledger Bldg, Philadelphia, PA 19106-9111
This Virginia Department of Social Services webpage provides information about filing a complaint against language barriers confronted at one of its local agencies.